(The Best) Karma....?
October 18, 2021
Holla hallo!!!!!! Annyeong yeorobunnnn. I've never introduced myself "formally" lollzzzz. So hiiiiiii, Nikita's in the building. Todayyyy, I'm in the mood to do some writing and I decided to tell you guysss my story about how I became a kpop stan. (you sure know kpop right?)
Soooo, you guys must've known that kpop is huge, globally rite? Ever since I was in junior high school, I already knew kpop, but I was like "naaahhh, that's not my cup of tea". I really tried to keep myself awaaayy from kpop. I really dk what was I thinking btw (pardon my jhs feeling).
When I was a senior high school student, I kinda try to accept some Korean culture. I tried to watch some kdramas that my friend recommended to me. I still remember the first kdrama that I watch was DOTS (Descendants of The Sun). I didn't finish it because I think that was too long for a series :/ I'm sorry okayyy I didn't know that it was a common thing in kdrama industries. Then, I started to watch another kdrama, it's Goblin! WAH. no words. THAT DRAMA WAS HELLA GOOD. I couldn't stop thinking about that drama although I finished it like weeks ago. The plot, the casts, the soundtracks, all chef kiss! That drama really lead me to an imaginary world, called "binge-watching kdrama till your eyes hurt".
Let's get back to the main story. Kpop. I remember it was around 2017 when BTS was like topping some music charts. They also got invited to BBMA and got nominations for that award show. As a senior in high school, I threw myself into the euphoria (i'm sorry it's part of my habit). My Twitter timeline is flooded with a lot of BTS-related. I was curious George, I started to listen to their music and watch some of their videos. Then BADAAAMMM. I declared myself as a part of ARMY. I also told my ARMY friend like "yooo, I can confirm that I am *officially* an ARMY". She was like "NO WAY?????". Funny isn't it? No? Alright.
I bought BTS' album, and I started to follow some of their activities, do some voting, anything that the majority kpop stans do. It lasted for like almost a year. I think so. Then I started to lose interest in BTS because I was busy preparing for exams for entering college. Time passes by, I just listened to anything that popped up on my Spotify. Didn't feel like that kind of "interest" to any groups/musicians.
THEN. Let's pretend that it's already 2020 when the c-word first broke. All of my activities became online, even my study. Thank god I was at the last 3 semesters of my college year. I didn't have to do lots of online classes. All these online things really made me turn into an internet geek. I started to watch lotttsssss of movies, series, and even youtube videos. One day, a famous Indonesian celebrity chef, Chef Arnold tweeted a lot about Kpop, especially Stray Kids. Overall, he was saying about the concept of that group's upcoming comeback which is related to cooking-thingy. I was like "whoa, even a big chef can feel the kpop effect". I just skipped it as I read it.
THE NEXT DAY. I saw a youtube video in my recommendation section, it was a music video of the group I mentioned before, Stray Kids. I WATCHED THE VIDEO. For the first few seconds, I was like *jaw dropped*. I didn't know that kpop songs can be this goooddd and it really fits my taste. I kept repeating the songs, but still trying to deny the fact that I was kinda like on my way to falling into the "trap", being a kpop stan.
Long story short. I declared myself as a trueeee kpop stan in mid-2020. Special thanks to c-word for giving us the whole world lots of boredom. So we can look for something new to learn and something new to try that is out of our normal comfort zone.
ANYWAYYYY, go listen to some Stray Kids' song!!! Haters say that skz's songs are most likely construction music but heyyyy you're right!!! They're gonna blow your ear with their music so be sure to check out some of theseee construction musics!!!
STEP OUT!!
Comments
Post a Comment